- 04/27/13 Sa 7:30pm Casino Royale Gates of Heaven (James Madison Park), 302 E Gorham St Madison WI A night of comedic diversion with music by 17th-century Venetian composers and a story of gamblers who put their cards, coins and hearts on the table. Admission: $15 ($10 students). FB event
- 04/28/13 Su 4:00pm Casino Royale The Chocolaterian, 2004 Atwood Ave Madison WI An afternoon of comedic diversion with music by 17th-century Venetian composers and a story of gamblers who put their cards, coins and hearts on the table. Free admission; donation welcome. FB event
Eliza’s Toyes has been busy this fall and winter exploring the music of the early Baroque in our German program. One of our highlights was performing on the “Live at the Chazen” radio broadcast for Wisconsin Public Radio. The program featured music of the German composers Schein, Scheidt, and Schütz (composers that only the bravest of radio announcers would attempt on the air live).
We have several events that will tickle both the ear and the taste bud. On April 28th and 29th Eliza’s Toyes will introduce our Casino Royale program. We will perform music from Venice in 1636, the date and place in which the first casino was opened. A Commedia dell’arte story will unite the pieces on the program. This story comes complete with a tale of love and deceit. Our second performance on April 28th will be a real treat, literally. We will be performing at the Chocolaterian, a new chocolate shop on Atwood. Come join us for some tantalizing treats, both of the musical and chocolate variety.
- Deb Heilert, soprano
- Chelsie Propst, soprano
- Sandy Erickson, alto/recorders
- Peter Gruett, alto/tenor
- Jerry Hui, tenor/bass/recorders
- Mark Werner, baritone
- Melanie Kathan, recorders
- Theresa Koenig, dulcian/recorders
- Doug Towne, lute